Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Welcome Coffee Table Runner

This is the first filet crochet I've ever done in my life. I was so proud of myself when I finished it! From that point on I was hooked (no pun intended) I have knitted for many years...my Mom taught me, but I tried to crochet and I just never could get it. Years later my sister, Debbie, was teaching classes on crochet (by the way she is very talanted at this, she has won many, many ribbons, she creates her own designs and she has been published!) so I couldn't ask for a better teacher. She finally convinced me to go to her class and try to learn. I did and not only did I learn how to crochet I also had a really great time, met a lot of nice ladies and found out Debbie is a very good teacher, among the other things she fits into her life!! (If you get a chance visit her site...it's on my link)
I just finished another filet crochet project the other day and I will post it as soon as I can.
Till next time
Craft on....
Terry

1 comment:

Bettina Makley, aka Fairywebmother. said...

Aren't new experiments the greatest?!!! Beautiful work! I can SO, TOTALLy relate to the desire to try new things. That's why I call my studio my "Lab". My most recent addiction is needle felting. It can be added to crocheted or knitted items, but I just felt. Anyway, I have an art blog...Fairywebmother's Laboratory...if you want to see what I mean.

I've enjoyed visiting your blog, today! Many blessings!

Bettina